Don’t wait anymore to cook an authentic and sumptuous Thai beef curry warming and delighting palate especially you should try one in the months of winter or chilly autumn. This hearty red Thai beef curry has a deep flavor and is completed a rich finish with freshly-ground black pepper & fresh basil leaves. Normally, it is served for any night of a week or a dinner feast attached to Thai jasmine-scented rice. A brief information of this dish: Thai beef curry is a kind of traditional dish cooked with red chilies. That’s why people usually call it the red curry. However, below I will show you a recipe coming out of the authentic tradition. Though you are able to cook like that for sure, it is not essential to make a separate paste of red curry or utilize one from the shop for a spectacular result. What I list below will serve you a super delicious beef curry?
Needed ingredients for your Thai beef curry:
- Two bison steaks or beef which is chopped into bite-size chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Two tablespoon vegetable oil
- Four cloves garlic
- From one to two red chilies which are minced (or less for tasting or omitting for each mild curry)
- Two thumb-size pieces ginger or galanga which is cut into matchstick-like pieces
- 1 and 1/2 cups substitute chicken stock or beef stock
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- Four bay or two kaffir lime leaves
- A tablespoon ground coriander
- A tablespoon whole cumin seed
- Two tablespoons ground cumin
- A tablespoon soy sauce
- A big sweet potato or potato which is chopped into wedges
- A tablespoon fish sauce
- A sliced big carrot, in half-moons or small zucchini of optional vegetables
- Two tablespoons ketchup or tomato puree
- Two cherry tomatoes or from 1 to two medium tomatoes which are chopped into chunks
- Handful fresh basil or coriander and freshly-ground black pepper to serve
- 1/3-1/2 can coconut milk
Heat your medium-size pot at medium-high or over high heat then add swirl and oil around, finally, go on adding chili, galanga garlic, and onion. To release its fragrance, let you stir-fry from one to two minutes.
Add and sear beef in a hot oil with fresh spices within from two to three minutes.
Add and stir well the mixture of cumin seed, cum, coriander, turmeric, bay leaves, lime and stock
Go on adding potatoes fish sauce and soy sauce after that keeping a good simmer to cover & cook 20 minutes.
In case you use zucchini, go on cooking extra from five to seven minutes. You can add chopped tomatoes, ketchup or tomato puree after seeing your soft zucchini & potatoes. Cook until you get soft tomatoes but still retain its form or exactly, from six to seven minutes.
Low heat to add and stir well 1/3 can of coconut milk. Don’t forget to sample your beef curry to add more or less fish sauce for a salty and deep flavor. In the event of a too spicy result or a creamier curry, you can add a little bit coconut milk. In case it is too salty, add a squeeze of lemon juice or lime. With a stronger heat, chili is the most appropriate choice.
Portion out onto bowls or plates. Don’t forget to top it with basil, chopped fresh coriander or freshly-ground black pepper. Yah, of course, eating with Thai jasmine-scented rice is perfect.
Pay attention to not add tomatoes until you have cooked potatoes as desired. It is difficult for me to find out this method – tomato keeps the potato from cooking appositely.