This carrot cake is inspired from the tropical version which combines both pineapple and coconut ingredients into a classic dish.
This rich coconut frosting can really top off your cake. As the traditional cream cheese frosting’s interpretation, my performance spreads a little bit heaven over each inch. Moreover, you will also hear some crunches when sprinkling on the macadamia nuts. It is very easy for you to purchase this pre-roasted macadamia from any food shops. Whatever, you can choose roast raw macadamia nuts yourself. This option is just via some easy steps. It is not too difficult to do so it depends on you
Note: Make sure to use your hand to fold the shredded carrots into batter. Carrots will be thinner and thinner because your mixer goes on shredding them.
Ingredients of cake:
- From 2 to 2/3 cups of sifted after that measured all-purpose flour
- A cup of dry-roasted macadamia nuts
- A cup of sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- From 2 to 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- From 3 to 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Two cups of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- A cup of vegetable oil
- Two tablespoon vanilla extract
- Four big eggs
- Two (8-oz) well drained cans crushed pineapple in its own juice
- Two cups of peeled and finely grated carrots
Ingredients of frosting:
- Two (8-oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- From 1 to 3/4 cups of powdered sugar
- A stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of coconuts canned and sweetened cream
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut extract
- A tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of toasted coconut flakes
- 14 entire crushed dry-roasted macadamia nuts
First of all, preheat your oven to 350°F then butter your prepared 3 – 1/2 – qt baking dish as well as put the parchment paper in the bottom. The next step is to combine all of the macadamia nuts, coconut and 1/3 cup of flour and process until you get a finely chopped combination of nuts then put one side.
Whisk other two cups of flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ground ginger, baking soda and salt in a medium-size bowl until you get a very well mixture. To blend, you need a big bowl, an electric mixer, oil and beat sugar.
You must ensure to beat well with vanilla after every adding egg times then mix with a flour-spice combination until it is well. Before adding crushed pineapple and carrots, you must stir in the coconut-macadamia combination. Bake within 40 – 45 minutes until the tester inserted into your cake’s center coming out clean. Spend about an hour to cool in your baking dish. To loosen your cake, you just need run a knife around pan’s edge. Let you turn your cake out onto racks to cool completely.
In term of frosting, let you beat butter and cream cheese in a big bowl until getting a smooth mixture. Don’t forget to add powdered sugar, coconut cream and their extracts. Chill about 30 minutes until it is fairly hard for the spread. On the cake’s top, you just need spread a thick frosting layer then top with toasted coconut and the macadamia nuts.
After your meal, it is very ideal to enjoy this sweet note – a tropical treat, of course. What’s more, I am sure that this fun flavor which I have infused throughout the whole dessert will make you happy with your meal.
If you are looking for other recipes of different dessert, follow my site to read the next helpful articles. Thank you very much for reading my article, see you on next time, my friends – the lovers of attractive desserts.